â€¢ This is an initiative that achieves the profitability of municipal resources while meeting the needs of the association, which have risen significantly to generate a waiting list that reaches 45 people, in addition to the 32 families at the who is currently assisting.
The Councilwoman of Oenegés of the Popular Group in the City council of Lorca, Mayte Martinez, has informed that the PP will request in the next plenary session of the Municipal Consistory through a motion in this respect, that the municipality undertakes the necessary actions tending to equip the Association Alzheimer's of facilities according to their current needs, as well as the level of care they register.
The objective is that it can provide coverage to its users, within the work that is being offered to Lorca, taking advantage of the low municipal ownership existing in the neighborhood of San Fernando, thanks to the reconstruction of housing blocks.
The reality is that its current headquarters, where it serves 30 families has remained small, even with a waiting list of 45 people, figures that constitute a real wake-up call to be given the collaboration we propose.
We must emphasize that Alzheimer's patients need special and particular attention, something that their own families also require.
Alzheimer Lorca has facilities where patients and families can go.
The Association provides services to its users on issues such as therapeutic activities, psychostimulation workshops, support activities and home rehabilitation, as well as individual, group and training workshops.
The main purposes of this Association are:
- Provide psychological and moral assistance to family members of those affected by Alzheimer's.
- Advise the relatives of Alzheimer's patients in legal, sociological and economic matters.
- Provide and disseminate in the media everything that refers to the possible diagnosis of this disease and its therapy, in order to facilitate appropriate assistance.
- Facilitate, improve and control the assistance to patients so that their quality of life is the maximum possible.
- Stimulate studies on the incidence, therapeutic evolution and possible etiology of the disease.
- To relate with the entities and associations dedicated to the study of the disease, with the purpose of knowing the scientific advances that take place in this matter and, thus, to be able to inform the relatives of the sick and spread them.
The Association of Alzheimer's and Other Dementias of Lorca was established in 1998 when a group of people, relatives and patients, decided to join the lack of structures and socio-health resources that respond to their needs.
It is a non-profit association that is funded through membership fees and subsidies from public entities, and can have its current headquarters thanks to the City Council allocated â‚¬ 60,000 from a national award for the arrangement of these facilities.
The transfer to this place, bigger than the previous one and located in C / Grecia, s / n, Residencial Las Palmeras, 2nd Phase, Bajo, made possible the restructuring of the workshops.
Homogeneous groups were created according to the deterioration, which allow to offer specific assistance to the stage of the disease.
The technical resources available include a Coordinator-Social Worker, 1 Psychologist, 1 Physiotherapist, 2 Nursing Assistants, 2 Healthcare Partners and 1 Driver.
Source: PP Lorca