Agriculture Councilman City of Lorca, Angel Mecca, reported that the Government Gazette on 23 May published an order by which aid can be ordered before June 15.
Agriculture Councilman City of Lorca, Angel Mecca, reported that the Government Gazette published on May 23 an order regulating the granting of aid for damage caused to crops and livestock damaged by flooding September 28, 2012.
The text regulates the application form should be directed to the State Agency of Agricultural Insurance through stop before 15 June.
Mecca explained that the main change is included in this order is that subsidies can be levied on production losses suffered in those crops and livestock for which, in the time of the incident, had not started the subscription period adequate insurance, or he had not been completed and no further formalized the policy for the year in question, as long as you have purchased the policy for that crop production in the previous season.
In addition, assistance shall damage referred to in Article 5 of Law 14/2012, of December 26 caused to farms and livestock, taking policies in force covered by the Agricultural Insurance Plan, are not covered by insurance lines contained in the Plan.
The mayor also indicates that, subsidized losses may amount of crops and livestock, which in the time of the damage were available policy in force covered by the combined agricultural insurance system, and were not warrantable by the system.
Also receiving support damage caused by accidents in the agricultural and livestock production not included in the current combined agricultural insurance plan, except that such productions were guaranteed by any other type of insurance.
Assistance shall the losses for farming because of the damage recorded on livestock use areas, provided that such farms animals are secured in the farm insurance lines contained in the insurance plan, except the lines removal and destruction of corpses.
These grants will be aimed at the farmer who, being located in the town of Lorca, have suffered losses exceeding 30% of the value for normal production as a result of adverse weather conditions, not covered by the combined agricultural insurance system .
The aid for damage caused to agricultural production are calculated taking into account the losses on the average yields of the last three seasons.
For woody productions, it may consider further aid equivalent to replacement cost guarantee equivalent to the corresponding planting insurance policy, when the plantations and in the time of the incident, had not started the subscription period for such insurance, or he had not been completed and no further formalized the policy for the year in question, as long as you have purchased the policy for that crop production in the previous season.
For the remaining goods, the aid shall be determined taking into account as far as they are applicable, the conditions and procedures established in the agricultural insurance system.
Balance of aid to those affected by the floods
Angel Mecca said "these grants are in addition to the wide range of measures implemented so far. In this regard, stressed that 503 affected families have already benefited from the exemption from property tax, 2012, which adds a help of â‚¬ 134,780.48 ".
The mayor explained that "in addition to aid the families of deceased, for rehabilitation and reconstruction of housing, the exemption in the payment of water to irrigators, have made repairs to the railroad and various roads and settled other bonuses for those affected by the floods as:
-Reduction of net output indexes farms and agricultural activities listed by the method for objective assessment of Income Tax of Individuals and special simplified scheme of value added tax, which means that many of the Lorca farmers pay less tax.
- Reduction in business tax for the year of 2012 to the industries of any kind, commercial establishments, tourist and local professionals whose business or assets assigned to that activity has been damaged as a direct result of claims, provided they have been to be subject to relocation or damage has occurred requiring the temporary closure of the activity.
The said reduction is proportional to the time elapsed since the day on which it is produced cessation of activity until reboot under normal conditions, whether in the same premises, whether in other provided for this purpose, subject to consider, when the severity of the damage is the cause of this, the cases of withdrawal in the exercise of it, to take effect from the day December 31, 2011.
- The exemptions and fee reductions in taxes provided shall include the surcharges legally allowed on them.
- Taxpayers who, being entitled to the benefits provided in the previous sections, might have satisfied receipts for that fiscal year may request a refund of the amounts paid.
- Were exempt from fees autonomous Central Traffic established by Law 16/1979, of October 2, the processing of requested vehicle casualties as a result of the damage caused by the accidents, and the issuance of duplicate registration certificates or driving destroyed or lost by such causes.
- Businesses and self-employed included in any Social Security scheme, could request and obtain, upon cause of damage to a moratorium of one year without interest in the payment of Social Security contributions and joint collection for three consecutive calendar months, calculated from the pre-flood to occur or in the case of employees included in the Special Scheme for Self-Employed or Self, from the month of occurrence .
Similarly, it facilitates continuity of large companies such as agricultural and livestock cooperatives, with reduced business tax in order to encourage the floods do not involve destruction of jobs.
- In addition, workers were fully covered if there was an ERE by force majeure, even in cases in which the companies affected by the floods could be forced to implement a redundancy program can not continue employment with its activity until the damage is repaired, Social Security may waive the employer's payment of Social Security contributions and joint collection during the period of suspension, maintaining the condition of the period and indeed quoted by the worker.
In the event that occurred termination of the contract for reasons attributable to flooding, workers compensation were borne by the Wage Guarantee Fund.
- In these cases and to be held in a temporary reduction of working hours, the State Employment Service may permit the time they are received unemployment benefits does not count for the purpose of consuming the maximum periods of perception set, plus you receive unemployment benefits those workers covered by these records that lack the required contribution period to qualify for them.
Intense municipal work
In addition, the council recalled the intense work that was done by the City from the first minute to the affected areas return to normal as soon as possible, even creating volunteer groups and aid channeled through the Department of Social Services for families most in need.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Lorca